Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Van!

 
It's ridiculous. I just got given a car. No bullshit. My good friend Zain Mirza just gave me a van on the faith that I will pay him back after I work hard and earn it. He didn't even want any money, but I've got to pay back this solid. It's amazing.
          Although I did get a bit stuck in Edmonton, it was all good and actually a lot of fun. I met a ridiculous amount of good people here. Some really good happenings and good conversations. Good Karma. It's a really great hostel, the HI in Edmonton. Great staff, nice home. It's a pretty nice town, too. The people are friendly here. Most of my friends have been Canadians too, which is a pretty cool bonus. Lots of walking and talking with a new bro called Takhar. Lots of good parties. Unforgettable times, no doubt.
 But, it's time to get serious now. Now I have a Resposibility, and a big one at that. I've gotta make it happen, no chance for excuses. No more clowning about. No more waiting.
           I've been waiting around alot for one company to arrange a drug test so I can go out on the oil rigs, but it just hasn't been happening. I've honestly not been so productive, but at first it did seem a guaranteed job. I've got my First Aid and Hydrogen Sulphide tickets now, though, so I should be good to go whenever the time is right. 
 The problem at the moment, though, is that everybody up here, or at least a good majority, are stuck in the very same boat right now. The oilfields haven't frozen yet and they can't drill until the ground is frozen and firm enough to work on. It must be costing the industry a fair bit of money. No doubt.
           So... the time's not right to join the queue here at the oilfields, not yet anyway. It will just be more waiting, regardless. I'm going to head down to Calgary. I've got a mate named Isaac who is going to show me the ropes down there, and I really want to hit the ground running and get amongst some work -- the savings have taken a pounding. I've got a good feeling about this, It feels like fate again. I mean the signs are ridiculous. A car? Seriously? Zain! Just like Muz, a champion bloke -- No worries. How does this shit keep happening? All of you people in my life are amazing. Thank You.
            My new ride is a Chevvy Venture. It's a people mover with room to sleep at the back. It's cozy, runs like an a dream and has all the bells and whistles. It's the perfect vehicle for this strange and long adventure. All I have to do now is sort my license out, fix the brakes, register and insure it and Save money, not to mention get a good job, or two. No worries though, I got this. It's just the kick in the arse that I needed. Some Responsibility; it's not just my arse on the line here anymore, it's Simpkin's as well.
South America – Here we come! Sometimes I don't think I'm worthy, but man. The power of positive energy. People helping people, we live in amazing times. 99%. Occupy Edmonton was nice, too. Power to the people, right on.
Listo!


No comments:

Post a Comment